Alliance of Therapy Dogs
We are a volunteer organization of dedicated therapy dog teams on a mission of sharing smiles and joy to those in need. Alliance of Therapy Dogs provides testing, registration, support and insurance for all members that are involved in animal-assisted activities.
Apollo (Kelsey Spencer's Dog) with a friend, Autumn Weyand
1. Go to the website: www.therapydogs.com
2. Complete the Sterling Background Check - under the Join tab
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them that you want to become a member and there is not an ATD tester in our area.
4. Download and print out the ARC packet that ATD sends you
5. Complete the Health Verification Form with your vet
6. Schedule your Handler/Dog Evaluation with Karen Simecka
7. Obtain 2 typed letters of reference from non-relatives
8. Complete all paperwork & questionnaire
9. Submit your New Member Packet to ATD (scan & email in 1 file)